Hubble Space Telescope Call for Proposals for Cycle 15
Hubble Space Telescope Call for Proposals
for Cycle 15
Policies, Procedures &
Phase I Proposal Instructions
Call for Proposals
We invite scientists to participate in Cycle 15 of the Hubble Space Telescope (HST). The telescope and its instruments were built under the auspices of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the European Space Agency (ESA). Management of HST's scientific program is carried out by the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI). We anticipate allocating about 3000 orbits in Cycle 15, including up to 1000 orbits for Large and Treasury proposals, with the remainder allocated to regular GO Programs. An additional 500-1000 SNAPSHOT targets may also be allocated. Abstracts of previously accepted programs can be found on the HST proposal catalogs Web page, listed in Appendix D.
- Phase I Deadline: Friday January 27, 2006, 8:00 pm EST.
- E/PO Deadline: Friday August 18, 2006, 5:00 pm EDT.
Where to Get Help
- Read this Call for Proposals and the HST Primer (see Section 1.4.3)
- STScI has created a roadmap as a guide to Phase I submissions at: http://apst.stsci.edu/apt/external/help/roadmap1.html.
- Visit STScI's Web Site at http://www.stsci.edu/
- Contact the STScI Help Desk. Either send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-544-8125; from outside the United States and Canada, call  410-338-1082.
The STScI Science Policies Division (SPD) is responsible for the HST science program selection process. SPD staff includes astronomers Duccio Macchetto (Division Head), Mike Fall, Claus Leitherer, Neill Reid, Eva Villaver, Bob Williams, Technical Manager Brett Blacker, and Administrative Assistants Darlene Spencer and Loretta Willers.
The Cycle 15 Call for Proposals was edited by
I. Neill Reid and Jim Younger,
based in part on versions from previous cycles, and with text and assistance from many different individuals at STScI.
Space Telescope Science Institute
Voice: (410) 338-1082